Friday, May 14, 2010

Finally Friday!

This week has seemed like the longest one of the year! I don't know why that is, except maybe that I took on another tutoring student and had extra nights of work this week. I am so glad for the weekend! The only thing is that we have yet another birthday party to attend this weekend. My son's social life at 3 far exceeds any social life that his father or I have! He's a hot commodity. I am thankful for the busy weekends. They make the time pass faster until family is here to visit and keep my mind off Camden's impending surgery. The thought of him in surgery just makes me shiver, but I know that God will wrap us all in his warmth.

Speaking of God, I've been having issues lately with being selfish. Things have seemed to happen in ways that aren't beneficial to me, and I have had huge issues with this. It's hard being a stay at home mommy because that usually means that when something's gotta give it's always your obligations, responsibilities or free time for that matter. With Greg working 7 days a week it doesn't make it any easier to make the accommodations to do the things I need to do. And WHY can I not find a decent babysitter in this town??! Is it really that hard these days to find someone who is reliable and dependable to call to watch your children on occasion? It either is or there's some trick that I just don't know.

The Bible says that we should not be of anything in this world.
The tenth commandment is God's warning against harboring an attitude of covetousness, self-seeking, looking out for number one, and the desire for selfish gain (Exodus 20:17). Although this may not relate specifically to the issues I am having, it is definitely something to live my life by. Lord, please help me.

Looking forward to another busy, fun-filled weekend! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment